Board certified neurosurgeon Ramin Rak specializes in complex spine surgery, skull-based surgeries, and awake craniotomies. Dr. Ramin Rak is affiliated with Neurological Surgery P.C., the largest private neurosurgery group in the tri-state area. He is also affiliated with the following hospitals and medical centers:
- St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
- St. Francis Hospital
- Syosset Hospital
- Franklin Hospital
- Plainview Hospital
- Huntington Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
- Mercy Medical Center
- South Nassau Communities Hospital
- Winthrop University Hospital
Ramin Rak is considered one of the medical community’s most accomplished experts on micro-neurosurgical techniques. He has most notably earned acclaim for his expertise in performing awake craniotomies. Dr. Ramin Rak has additionally used his expertise to establish awake craniotomy programs at numerous Long Island hospitals.
Dr. Ramin Rak has been asked to share his knowledge of other microneurosurgical techniques with the medical community as well. He contributed a chapter on “Endoscopic-Assisted Microneurosurgery” for the Atlas of Neurosurgical Techniques and presented his techniques at over 20 medical conferences, including the 2010 American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) conference in Philadelphia. Topics which he has covered include:
- Minimizing Reperfusion injuries after treatment of stroke
- Neuronavigation in Skull Base Surgery
- Reconstruction Options for the Complex Posterior Fossa and Middle Cerebral Artery Aneurysms
- Functional Recovery after Spinal Cord Injuries/Optic Nerve Injuries in Patients Transplanted with Olfactory Ensheathing Glial and Schwann Cells (OEC)
Over the course of his 20 year career, Dr. Ramin Rak has also had the opportunity to share his research in medical journals, authoring and co-authoring articles for Bioinformation, Journal of Microscopy, Neurosurgery, and Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology.
Learn more about Dr. Ramin Rak and his neurosurgical accomplishments by visiting his profile on LinkedIn, or Tumblr.